Tigers Put the ‘Home’ in Homecoming

Friday, Oct. 18, the EHS varsity football team played Granite City in the annual homecoming football game.  In the fourth quarter the Tigers got their winning touchdown making the final score 55-7.

To start the night, “The cheerleaders and dance team performed loyalty [the school’s song] with almost 100 dance and cheer alumni,” senior varsity cheerleader Rachel Jackson said.  “The cheerleaders and dance team always perform the school’s song before the homecoming game, but this year was the first time we had alumni perform with us.”

At half-time the Tigers were leading 41-7.

The varsity dance team performed a special hip-hop dance routine just for the homecoming assembly and game.  “In our dance routine we did toe touches, splits, knee spins and twerked,” senior varsity dancer Megan Wilburn said.

Wilburn thinks the dance team’s performance at half time prepared the fans for the second half of the game.  “They cheer and I think that our dance keeps the crowd interested and excited for the second half of the game,” Wilburn said.

The band also performed their show “Twisted Metal.”

“The band/guard is trained to perform at every venue to the best of their ability, but the crowd always seems to have a lot more energy at the homecoming game, which pushes the band/guard members to give them an incredible show,” Hanks said.

In addition to the festivities on the field, the fans were also cheering the dance team, band/guard, and the football team on.

“Most people are cheering like crazy.  That’s why I love guard because one little thing you do controls the crowd,” Hanks said.

All groups performing did outstandingly well and the fans were excited that the varsity Tigers pulled a win on homecoming weekend.

Isabella Lilley
Isabella Lilley, Staff Writer
Isabella Lilley is a junior here at EHS. She’s greatly anticipating this upcoming year as a staff writer for the school publications The Tiger Times and The Claw. She’s a member of Student Council and EPIC, volunteers as a tutor with Key Club, and is vice president of Spanish Club. Her parents and siblings are her favorite people to spend time with, and she enjoys amateur piano playing, dance and singing. She likes to make other people happy and for others to make her happy. A good portion of her time is spent at La Casa Mexican Restaurant and on the bike trails, going on lovely strolls with her dearest friends. Get to know her.