A “Rush” to the Stands: EHS Fan Group Means More to Students

Look left, look right—they’re always there. Not the principal that tells you to put your electronics away. Not that security guard who’s been casually trying to figure out what you’ve been doing for the past ten minutes. Not even the lunch lady who’s wondering what’s new with you.

If you look close enough, you’ll see them—Orange Rush. Simple, right? Wrong. Way wrong.

Orange Rush is more than just a high school sports fan club. It’s a place where people can truly show how much they care about a particular sport, and not care about the way other people are looking at them because they are probably doing the same thing. It’s a way to let go of your stresses caused by school, work, friends etc.

“Orange Rush is my main reason to go to the sporting events,” said senior Fernecia Lusk.

No matter the temperature, Orange Rush is there supporting the Tigers.

Fellow sophomore Miah Brown said “I don’t even like sports, but you WILL catch me in the Orange Rush section. Go Tigers!”

Even non-official fans come to show their support. “At first, I was a little bit reluctant to show my face,” Security guard Corey Byrd says  “ [but] it was a good $3 spent.”

Orange Rush is more than just a high school sports fan club. It is a place where all the students of EHS come together to support their school, their teams, and their friends.