Spring Into Some New Fashion

This winter has been particularly un-winter-like. We had a small amount of snow, but for the most part, it was just cold and rainy. Spring is close at hand, and with it comes slightly warmer temperatures followed by unexpected cold snaps.

Spring is a time for flowers to bloom. If your wardrobe has been rather grey this winter, switch it up. If the flowers are going to get colorful, then so should you. If you have any bright pants that you have been withholding, they should be brought out. If you don’t, then go out and buy some! Think of your favorite color; now go buy a pair of pants that color.

If you are strongly against bright pants, that is just fine; they aren’t for everyone. But once again, especially for you boys, don’t be afraid to be colorful. Shoes can be worn as a color pop without being too flashy, with the exception of very tall shoes, which will be very noticeable. Bright socks are fine, but people don’t see them unless you have your shoes off. Perhaps save flamboyant socks for a no-shoes party!

Obviously, T-shirts are full of character due to their designs. The same goes for dress shirts. There are no such things as boy or girl specific colors. Red and blue looks as good on girls as purple or pink looks on guys. It wouldn’t hurt to wear a neck-tie every now and again, either.

As skirts range from very short to very long, consult our unreliable weathermen for the forecast. Since we are still in the end of our snow-lacking winter, tights or leggings can be worn with a shorter skirt to ensure the safety of your legs. Exposed legs in the unexpected cold can easily result in them freezing and dropping to the ground, leaving you immobilized.

On a lighter note, when the environment blooms, so should we. Floral-pattern skits can often match earthy-tones shirts or shoes. Rigid, geometric dress and skirt designs are nice, and also have a time and a place. It is not recommended to wear a plaid shirt with a dress that looks like a spring meadow at dawn unless instructed to do so by a licensed physician.

Although bright, basic colors are in this season, you don’t need to be a neon signal for passing aircraft. A little color splash here and there should do the trick. After all, when it’s about the presentation, confidence is a key ingredient when looking ravishing. Also keep in mind that scarves are awesome and can be worn by girls and boys.

Overall, when being awesome in the spring time, there are some things to keep in mind. If you drive to school, and you are not wearing the warmest of clothing, keep a coat and maybe even some pants in the car, just in case. And don’t fully do away with hats just yet; you never know what might happen.