I Wish I Had Known…

Everyone is told time and time again to live life without regrets. Everyone also cannot help but reevaluate what has happened to them and want to change the course of events in their lives. It is a natural human response. High school presents several opportunities for betterment, but how often are these instances utilized? What do high schoolers wish they would have known before embarking upon this year?

I know that I wish I had known how stressful senior year can be. Everyone before me said that this year would a breeze. They told me that this year would be the year I worked for and all the other years build up to this one. They were wrong. This year continues to challenge me from college applications to scholarships to magazine deadlines to dorm choices to fashion choices…the list goes on and on. Being a senior has been difficult, and I wish I had known this beforehand.

During my time in high school, I participated in Student Council, Drama Club, choral ensembles, Tiger Broadcasting and journalism activities. While I have enjoyed every moment of my extra-curriculars, I wish I had played on at least one sports team.

Athletes always make their sports sound like so much fun, so sometimes I wish I knew what all the hype was about. I hate getting sweaty, but who doesn’t want a fit body? Let’s be real here. Spring has sprung, and I need to spring myself to the gym!

Maybe I’m dwelling in the past, and maybe I should only focus on the here and now. However, that is something I simply cannot do. I find myself constantly looking ahead. In order to look toward the future, I have to examine my past. I have to think about how I have changed throughout these past four years. Looking at the good and the bad, I think I’ve turned out alright. But I want to keep moving forward.

I want to keep moving on.

The Claw newsmagazine will be distributed May 20.

Cameron Thomas, Editor-in-Chief
Cameron Thomas is a senior at Edwardsville High School and the Editor-in-Chief for the Tiger Times. He is also Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Tiger Yearbook. A few of his favorite magazines are Vogue, GQ and all publications by Condé Nast. He spends a lot of his time reading fashion articles and staying up to date on the latest trends. One of Cameron's aspirations in life is to be a well-recognized fashion editor of a major publication. Go figure.