St. Louis Blues Predicted to Go All The Way

Predictions are coming in for another great St. Louis sports season and no I do not mean the Cardinals and definitely not the Rams.  The 2014 Stanley Cup title is predicted (by the NHL) to go to none other than the St. Louis Blues.

The St. Louis Blues remain at the top of the odds to win the Stanley Cup according to NHL.  The Blues are ahead of the Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks, Pittsburgh Penguins and the San Jose Sharks.  The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings round out the top contenders on some of the updated NHL betting futures.

“Hopefully, we do win the Cup… we just have to reach forward and take it,” junior Nicole Laub said.

The Boston Bruins stand with 52 wins this season, with the Blues close behind them with 51 wins.  Following close behind in the Western Conference with 49 wins are the Anaheim Ducks.  With teams so close to each other in standings, the competition will be fierce.

“We may not be the best in our conference but that doesn’t mean that we won’t make it to the finals,” Laub said.

Having T.J. Oshie wasn’t the only thing that made people see the Blues as a threat this season.  The Blues also became the first team in NHL history to earn over 100 points with their 3-1 win against the Winnipeg Jets.  This definitely made the other teams turn their heads.

“They have a good run this year and I think if they keep their heads in the game they can come out on top,” junior Claire Wasser said.

Paige Schmittling, Staff Writer
Paige Schmittling is a junior at Edwardsville High School.  She spends her time playing softball year-round and working out.  She hopes to attend Western Illinois University and play college softball and major in athletic training.  Paige loves listening to music and watching horror movies.  Paige joined the Journalism 2 staff because she loves Mrs. Thrun and writing. She enjoys going to Cardinals games and watching baseball.  Paige is very energetic and loves the company of her friends.